Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Unique Art Adventure

Ever since I was a child, I've always had a special relationship with art. As I got older, that relationship became more personal and I began to create art myself and to seek out new artists as well. I was determined to be, or to meet the new modern artist, the new voice of an artistic generation. It was not until my fiance booked us a trip to Austin Texas did I truly understand unique art. However, the trip wasn't for art, it was to visit family, so finding would be somewhat of a task.

The first few days spent in Austin were the usual family gathering days anyone has, you meet with family, mingle, they show you landmarks and so forth. It wasn't until day five was I able to slip away from the family and their hilarious farming jokes to go find my own Austin memory. I did indeed find it as well. After enough searching I found an amazing artist, who shall stay anonymous, who created wonderful wind sculptures and kinetic wind sculptures. Before this true modern artist, I had never seen anything like it, and was used to the same old odd sculptures to sale which can usually be seen in the windows of hip coffee shops. This person had raw talent, which seemed to go hand in hand with his energetic style and outlook on life. I spent many days with this person at his studio, he would tell me all the detail that went into each sculpture and how much he believed they were worth. He was my own personal Austin artist, and we got along great. In fact, after a few days I introduced him to my fiance, and even they got along well too.

Wind art is something you normally don't come across, though I wish you would. It's a fantastic, unique, breathtaking art that many more should know of. The way this guy made his paintings, you'd swear he belonged in a museum. He was nothing like the average abstract artists who I'd meet from time to time, he was a true individual with true talent. I almost wish I could have boxed him up and shipped him home to me! However, I knew in just a few days time, my new friend and artist would have to become a long distance friend and artist.

There are many things I learned from watching him work, and many things I've learned about sculpture artists in general. Many people stick their noses up to the sculpture world, possibly because most mainstream sculptures are so bland and boring. This was not the case in Austin though, each sculpture was it's own living entity, ready to be sucked into one's mind to live. I've never seen such talent as I've seen in Austin, and I highly doubt I ever will again. Even the kinetic wind sculptures were awe inspiring and beautiful. It takes a lot of talent to create a decent looking wind sculpture, let alone an amazing looking one. If you're ever in Austin, do yourself a favor and check out it's art scene, it just may change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment